Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fashion Whore @ FAT- Inspiration



So another year means another Toronto Art and Fashion Week [FAT].
I'm very excited for this year more then last. I was recently inspired by 2 things when making my collection this year. Alice in Wonderland/through the looking Glass and PVC. I haven't used PVC since I was in college ( which is about 7 years ago, making gothy clothing) I felt inspired to use it again and to steer away from PVC fabric being used in Fetish wear. Giving PVC a new life, making the shiny vinyl appropriate for all people to wear instead of the just after dark crowd. But I also wanted to have a twist to it, one of my favourite stories Alice in Wonderland. (even though the new movie Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton came out this year and the stores are Stuffed with merch from the movie, still made me want to create my own verion of this great Lewis Caroll tale) This collection has beautiful bright colourful shiny fabrics with accessories to represent different characters in the story. But my favourite piece of all is the last 2 outfits featuring balloons and lights!

I cant wait to show off the collection this year and work with a great team of hairstylists and makeup artists to help create the feel for what my own Alice-Land would be like in the fashion world. An over-the-top twisted avante-gaurde/ haute couture look.

Great mix of music from my friend Dj TK has put together. By mixing songs like "what you waiting for", "materail girls" and "girls just want have fun".

This magic takes place April 22 @ 10:30pm. Liberty Village

Just wait and see :D

No comments:

Post a Comment